Tuesday, December 20, 2005

organized christmas... I am such a nerd.

If it wasn't obvious already, I do have a lot of nerdy qualities. and one of these qualities is my secret love of organization. (my room is complete devestation, but I am talking more socially organized). I have my weeks organized from the Sunday morning onwards, and am constantly looking to fill in the gaps within the schedule.

So, instead of relaxing over the break I have decided to give myself strict goals to achieve before the end of the holidays (because the end of the holidays also marks my twenty birthday)...

Maybe they are not all goals, but they are 'attainable attributes of life'. This christmas I am going to : conquer two books (already selected : the lovely bones, and the half blood prince), three movies (narnia, the producers, and memoirs of a geisha...and brokeback), see all my friends from home, go to Toronto in the new year for a couple days, new cell phone (check!), and go see one play (Annie, on wednesday night :) ).

All of these are reasonable and therefore can all be attained. Can you tell my parents leave me alone mon-fri 9-5 leaving my only option (since I am without car) is to blog, clean, and go for long walks through the country...

suprisingly relaxing, I mean, isn't that what these three weeks are all about?

5 comments:

Me said...

Sounds amazing. My parents are both home this week, so there is little sleeping in and a heavy dishing of nagging to clean. But yesterday I spent 3 hours playing nintendo. Yay me!

BM said...

the lovely bones is one of the best books ive read in the past year

if you like female first-person preteen/teenage narrative as much as i do (ahem, coming of age stories are my favourite), check out 'a complicated kindness' too...

Robbie said...

has anyone read her other book? I saw it on the cover, and it is a memoir...but I was like 'probably not as good as this one is...so far'

one day, page 160...I am a christmas nerd

Anonymous said...

oooh! i'm re-reading memoirs of a geisha so i can go see the movie and complain about how much better the book was. The lovely bones await me on the flight back to canada on the 30th.

Anonymous said...

hey you,

i saw brokeback mountain tonight. runs a little slowly, but loved it.
enjoy the heck out of your holiday!

-- heather miles, that MIT chick.