Monday, December 26, 2005

For some this is christmas, for others...

I have made it through most of my list of things I wanted to accomplish over my three weeks of leisure at home. I have read one book, have visited most of my friends, and spent time with my family (long awaited, since I have been avoiding them for the last six months of my life...and not really sure why.)

But at the same time, Ingersoll serves as a constant haunting ground around the holidays. I am positive that not one of my readers has ever heard me discuss the downsides of a small town and the 'curse' that has seems to follow all of the highschool students in the area.

Throughout all of my highschool years, we lost a student every year. (I will try to use student as to not draw out any particular person). All very sad instances, and in a highschool where there are only 900 people and everyone in town knows everyone else...it is devastating when a death happens...

and this year I was not surprised to come home and hear of another death that haunts our group of friends, lucky for me this time... I did not know her, but to my best friend who did... I am sorry that this christmas was once again clouded over with sadness.

This christmas was my first chirstmas without my friend A.M. and, christmas was her favorite time of the year. It was odd coming home to Ingersoll and missing that one person who last year we visited in her hospital room... still missing her greatly...

I guess Christmas time really does give you time to be thankful, and happy to be lucky enough to be surrounded by loved ones... I needed this christmas to remind me of that.

so, following this 'down' post on this boxing day, enjoy the relaxation and comforting moments of the next two weeks... merry christmas

No comments: