Tuesday, December 06, 2005

day of rest.



After no sleep all weekend, and three tests in twenty four hours, I received an invite from my grandparents to head to there house for the day and help them around the house (and also partake in a nice home cooked meal and an afternoon of news programs and Law and Order (random, but true)).

I am getting to that age where my grandparents are starting to tell me the 'quality' stories from my parents past, as well as stories from there past and there personal thoughts. Sounds boring, but I actually enjoyed sitting and helping my grandma clean while she chatted away about various events she had been to in the 1950's, styles she thought were 'disgusting' (even the first time around), and funny memories from the past.

As I sat and listened, I couldn't help but think of all the "and one day" stories I already have and how many I am going to have by the time I get to her age. I am thinking about starting a REAL journal, like one I write in regularly (blog, I will not forget about you) but for stories that I will one day be able to open and share with my friends/relatives/...kids...

Another thing that I couldn't help but notice was how MUCH I am like my parents in every way. (actually, a bit like my grandparents to). My grandma would pick up a broom, start sweeping, find a magazine, and kick back and read (what I am notorious for doing (not finishing tasks)).

The day just made me smile, and kind of got me excited to head home and take a breather for the next four weeks and REALLY relax and think on my christmas break.

4 comments:

alex said...

awwwe.. little robbie and his mama.

it's funny, cos i feel like we've all be reflecting a lot lately. though i must admit, i have many stories that won't be told to future alex generations for a long long time. (and that many of my university photos will have to be buried as well.)

and the grammar police queen that i am was very disappointed by the "there/their" mistakes in this post mr. stewart!

(but it's ok, i'm areally annoying constant copy editor, and i still love you a lot anyways. kisses!)

alex said...

i also just noticed that your blog has changed names..

and that i screwed things up again by putting your identifying last name in my comment..

(but your url is still quite revealing.. )

Robbie said...

yes, I am changing the url soon...be ready...

mr. tomas ubik said...

im sorry , that woman sells tanks?

there is something ironic in that i feel.