Thursday, December 22, 2005

eyes closed...


today I made a wish. nothing special, just saw the clock strike 11:11 and decided that I might take advantage of that corny myth. I saw the time on a large clock on the side of the road, and quickly closed my eyes and wished.

now, wishing itself is already a corny practice, but I still take advantage of those little opportunities to act like a kid again...and wishing is definately one of those...

but the strangest part about the wish today was that I closed my eyes...while driving...as if I thought the chances of it coming true were lower with my eyes open. and I think I have always done this.

for some reason there is comfort in taking that moment to close your eyes and step away from the real world. everyone has done it (even myself) but until now I never really noticed the comfort that closing your eyes gives you.

the first kiss requires you to close your eyes, for you to notice that what is happening is really real and allows you to enjoy the moment.

when your stressed out, taking three seconds to breathe with your eyes closed lets you enjoy the silence of your mind and the comfort of thinking...

take a second, close your eyes, and enjoy...

2 comments:

Me said...

Wow. Loved it. Experienced something like this ttoday - not a first kiss, but an amazing kiss.

invitationinside said...

oooooooooooh this is perfect! i always make those little wishes! made one today at 1:11pm and 4:44pm...:) miss ya love ya ... happy holidays