Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Les Miserables...

On Saturday my mother and I went to Toronto for the afternoon to see Les Miserables at the Princess of Whales... this was by far the best production of Les Mis I have ever seen. Apparently, the lead ( Jean Val Jean) was the same person who we saw last time we went to see Les Mis, which we found somewhat embarassing that we have seen it so many times (myself three, my mom four) but it is her favorite musical...

I, again, am caught in my post-musical viewing blur where everyday I find myself listening to "one day more" or "on my own" my two favorite songs from teh show (especially one day more as it incorporates everyone in the cast). Hopefully this musical fix will hold me over until the Rent movie comes out in December (which I cannot wait for) and Wicked returns to Toronto next fall....

is it sad that musicals are my life? I'm voting no...

4 comments:

Laura said...

loves it. les miz is my fave show ever. i'm a big fan of what they call 'the docks' or 'lovely ladies' .. what good songs..

we should have a les miz singalong.

Robbie said...

laura, I am always down for a sing a long...

perhaps 'master of the house' for its wit, and of course 'castle on a cloud' for the sheer emotion little cosette has...

I love it! we will set a date!

invitationinside said...

im so jealous ive only seen a high school rendition and the video song version..i wanted t osee it sooo bad...i love you though
ps. did i tell you my plans to open a broadway karaoke bar? eh eh

mr. tomas ubik said...

im going this week to see it .... how exciting