Friday, October 28, 2005

Knock, Knock...

I have become the unofficial 'uninvited' houseguest, and I love it!

How would one describe my postion? perhaps as this;

unofficial 'uninvited' houseguest: a student, who decides on their own, to stop by friends houses on a weekly (sometimes more than this) basis and enjoy the company of the tenants as well as serve as a constant distraction for the time you are there...

This year, considering my fairly lengthy walk from campus, I often make pit stops at friends houses who live conveniently en route to my house. I am not saying that these visits are pointless, quite often they begin by me stopping by to pick something up that has been left behind or just to stop in a say a quick 'hello'...

I will be the first to admit that it never turns out this way, and I do have a wonderful example of this:
-going to pick up my bag, this turns into a halloween costume check/comment period, then a terrible movie (never watch this film), and eventually an adventure into a parking lot resulting in funny phrases like "we were just performing a skit, hope your cool with that SERT..."

I am just glad I claimed the position before others had the chance, now I feel as though if I were to show up at one of my 'houses' and see another random trying to claim my title we might have to have some kind of challenge to see who conquers as 'unofficial uninvited house guest'...

all I have to say is 'bring it...' as I ain't going no where...

3 comments:

alex said...

inappropriate SERT skits!

"happy halloween!" [mock slit throat and drag paige into the woods.]

and do not cut up sid & nancy, keep in mind that i still have an 8 page paper to write on it, and will likely be needing to watching it AGAIN!

yes! i love impromptu visits, thank you for cleaning up all my glitter.

xoxo

etc'd said...

hey..if my place was 2 hours closer, you would drop by all the time, and we would watch all things 80's and corny and musical .... i'm thinking something along the lines of Chorusline...

or perhaps we would have a sing-a-long and you would call me miss. vibrato, and i would love it

lastly, we would indulge in the pizza that i ALWAYS insist on ordering ... and it would be fantastic, because we wouldn't have to run up a different stairwell to hide it from other people...

then we would bitch the last hour of the night because we would both have to work in the morning... something apparantly foreign to the vast majority of the western population ....

Robbie said...

it is weird because I couldn't imagine spending time with you in any other way...

or perhaps I would dive up on top of your desk, clearing it of all possessions, and sing along to a song from Moulin Rouge...

or maybe, just maybe we would sit and yell obscenities out your window at people passing by only to laugh our faces off..."this is how we live bitches!!"...

fuck, we are random, but I love and miss you!