Friday, May 27, 2005

What to do when it all hits you at once...

Yup, it all hit me
-shitty job/pay/some coworkers
-shitty work schedule that limits time with friends
-being at home sucks when u r home alone all day, and your friends are working...and u have no money to do anything anyways...

Given the situation above, I decided that I am going to avoid this for a whole summer, and do something interesting so I do not dread those who had great summers in the fall... So, I am going to say goodbye Ontario, and hello B.C...yes, I have made the decision and applied at a ton of places on the West Coast to work for the summer. I am going to be here until Mid-June and return Mid-August. I promised myself I would never let a job treat me like crap, and that is exactly what is happening now:

"Why do I have only 9 hours"-Rob
"Well, as the manager said, 'that will teach him to book of a weekend, doesn't he realize that's what he was hired for'"-fellow employee
"Do you think I just lied about being involved on my resume, and p.s. it said no where in my contract that I was strictly weekends..."-Rob
"You were supposed to have 10 hours, but then they realized they had used to many"-same colleague

I almost wish that I had never taken that job, it has been more of a burden then a joy...way more of a burden. The day I can tell them I am going to B.C. will be the best day of my summer!

Hopefully this angry blog will give me the vent I need to keep smiling and laughing...

I guess this stems from a shitty day...sorry all!

--Robbie

1 comment:

Laura said...

hey Rob, i'm so excited for you! B.C. would be a great place to work in the summer. Have you tried applying at hotels and stuff?

Talk soon,
--Laura