Thursday, July 07, 2005

thems the breaks

Another post about work, I promise it will be the last.

To start: I have nothing against smoking/smokers,etc... but here is what I have a problem with.

At my job, apparently we have a set schedule for breaks (this alarm goes and you get a ten minute and a twenty minute over the course of our 8 hour shift). This is fine. However, the smokers at the plant feel they are allowed to take AS MANY smoke breaks as they want, whenever they want.

Again, I understand smoking is an addiction, and might be comparible to me taking a break for a drink of water or a coffee...oh wait the smokers do that too! This I do not understand.

For example, if I was a nympho (another addiction) would I run off to touch myself whenever I felt an urge coming on...no... so why should people be allowed to smoke as they please considering others are forced to follow the rules.

Again, love smokers, but alas, this annoys me when people leave you alone for 10 minutes every hour b/c of their need for a break.

P.S. check out the song "these words of my own" ... I love it!

2 comments:

alex said...

maybe you should take up smoking?

haha, no, just kidding. don't do that. but seriously, the workplace is a bad place to quit the habit.. i remember when i worked at swiss chalet (the dirty bird), and we would get 10 minute breaks, and i swear, there was nowhere else to GO but outside by the dumpster and smoke cigarettes. it was either that, or eat.

you had the choice to get cancer or to be obese. be fat or die. yup.

Laura said...

ahhhhh!!! Rob Stewart, I love that Natasha Beddingfield song too!!

this is really getting creepy now!